World Cup So Far
So we are already a week into the World Cup and we have seen all the teams play once, except one of the favourites Spain who play tonight.
So what have we seen so far?
- Lionel Messi looks like when he chooses to unleash his left foot he is capable of becoming the worlds greatest player if he isnt already.
- The seeding of teams, kind of means there will be a whipping boy in each group. It should be picked at random like the FA Cup so we could use terms like “group of death”
- Brazil look pretty good once they get going, and Fabiano looks money
- The young German chap Mesut Özil is a star in the making (thank you to our Austrian readers for picking that up. I knew you had something to do with this world cup 🙂 dont worry Wales didnt qualify either)
- The England team once again failed to live up to the hype.
- England drawing WAS NOT ROBERT GREENS FAULT, it was his lacklustre team that couldnt score another goal against the US. Frank Lampard, Jamie Carragher, Aaron Lennon, Shaun Wright Phillips, please step your game up.
- Steve Gerrard and Frank Lampard still cannot play together.
- Italys team, looks again boring, old, lacking flair, and so please let them not win the world cup.
- Ronaldo didnt have much luck yesterday…
- The best goal for sheer joy of scoring a goal was scored by Ji Yun-nam, Look how happy he and the rest of the team were even though last minute they probably didn’t have much chance of winning. Good goal aswell…!
- Although we probably have to acknowledge that the best team performance of the World Cup so far has come by our brothers down the A12 autobahn in Germany. Look forward to watching you again!